This past week has been full of emotion. My brother-in-laws 32 year old brother passed away, leaving behind a wife and 5 small kids. There oldest just turned 8 and they have a 2 month old little boy. It has been a really rough week for the family and friends who just can't believe it. He was an incredible man, husband, father, brother, son and friend. He was very strong in the church, always willing to serve. I have always looked at suicide as an "unforgivable sin," until this past week. My heart has been softened in so many ways. The late Elder Bruce R. McConkie, formerly of the Quorum of the Twelve, expressed what many Church leaders have taught: “Suicide consists in the voluntary and intentional taking of one’s own life, particularly where the person involved is accountable and has a sound mind. … Persons subject to great stresses may lose control of themselves and become mentally clouded to the point that they are no longer accountable for their acts. Such are not to be condemned for taking their own lives. It should also be remembered that judgment is the Lord’s; he knows the thoughts, intents, and abilities of men; and he in his infinite wisdom will make all things right in due course.” Ellder M. Russel Ballard said: “I believe the Lord will consider each case separately and judge the circumstances of each individual. I have sincerely sought direction from our Father in Heaven to help me understand the nature of suicide. And I have come to know, as well as anything else that I know from God, that these people have a place in the kingdom of our Father, and it is not one of darkness or despair, but one where they can receive comfort and experience serenity.”
We cannot measure these particular spiritual experiences, of course. We do not know the extent to which the door is open for these particular people to grow and develop in righteousness until they possibly receive the blessings of exaltation. They committed a very serious sin, and some consequences of it may remain with them throughout eternity. Only our Father in Heaven knows the full answer to the questions our hearts ask regarding those who take their own lives." It has been a very difficult week for anyone who knew Cody in any way, he would be the last person anyone would think could do this. I know that we will not have the answers to the question "Why," but I know that he lived a great life. He was a wonderful person and Son of God. My heart just breaks for his family and friends left behind. I sincerely think that in his heart he thought he was doing something good. I know that times are tough for a lot of us, but I want to do a "fundraiser" donating all of the profit to her and her family. I just couldn't imagine the overwhelming feeling for a stay at home mom to be left with all the financial strain of a family of now 6. My heart just breaks for any mother or father brother or sister wife or husband...who has been left behind with such heartache of loosing a loved one, then having to be strong for their children.
"Family one of God's Masterpieces"
Family is the most important thing a person has. I am so grateful that I have the knowledge that Families are Forever, and that I have an Eternal Family Forever. “We don’t know why some things happen,” President Hinckley said. “All we know for certain is that death isn’t the end." Many hearts are hurting, and will continue to, but with all the worry and agony his loved ones are facing, I pray that they can find comfort and faith in the Lord's promise and blessing to those who have to pick up the pieces of what is left behind. I know for certain that his wife and kids and all his family will see him again. He is an incredible man whose legacy will remain forever.
If anyone is interested in donating to this family (I know that you don't know them, and your generosity is greatly appreciated) please email me at: inspirationsbybrandipark@yahoo.com.
$25.00 for a completed 12x12 tile, or $20.00 for just the vinyl (which you can adhere to any smooth surface). You can chose from gray or brown tiles, with black or dark brown vinyl. Please note that the tiles in the picture may vary due to availability of the product. Thanks in advance for your generosity.



No comments:
Post a Comment